Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation Bulletin Board Forum Index Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation Bulletin Board
For Lyme Information and Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any Morgellons sufferers in this forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Morgellons Disease
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary J

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK folks, I've heard Morgellons pronounced both ways, with a hard 'g' and with a soft 'g'.

Anyone know the correct pronunciation?

Thanks,
Mary
Charolette

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Are there any Morgellons sufferers in this forum? Reply with quote

I'd probably go with how they've used it on any of the news pieces... I think its mostly a hard 'g'.
sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: How crazy Reply with quote

How crazy could 10,000 people be? 10,000 people with delusional parasitosis? Give me a break. 100 people maybe...but 10,000? A mad rush to the loony bin all of a sudden?

Sigh...

I hope someone finds out what the fibers are. I can't imagine itching constantly. I have an allergy and when it flares up it drives me into a frenzy...delusional NO...a frenzy YES. At least with an allergy you know what it is...how scary to have stuff emerging from your body when nothing should emerge. Horrible and more horrible.

Sherry
NancyB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK folks, I've heard Morgellons pronounced both ways, with a hard 'g' and with a soft 'g'.

Good question Mary. I never even thought of it being pronounced with a hard 'g'.

But I just looked it up and it is a hard 'g'. Now I have to get used to saying it a new way. Rolling Eyes

This website advocates calling it Dermal Fibrosis.
http://www.byteland.org/morgellons/index.html
clayvessel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skotoff,
Im so sorry to hear about your Morgellons. I have suffered from Lyme for about 16 years now (extreme fatigue, arthralgia, etc) and I got bitten again, with the Lyme rash, two years ago.

After, a friend noticed a cyst in the back of my neck with a black fiber growing out of it. I did not think much about it and had it removed. It was benign.

Now, I have several little open sores on my forearms. I just took a small Micronta microscrope to look at the sores close up today, and sure enough, small black fibers and little spots coming out of the sores!!!

They are not noticeable to my naked eyes-- but then again, my vision is not to great.... soooooo ... I don't want to think it... but it looks like it might be Morgellons. Crying or Very sad

I watched the video you recommended-- it made me break down and cry-- this is so sad for the people on earth.

Oh well, I guess I'm not afraid of dying... I look forward to heaven because this incurable weird stuff just really is too much for my spirit to take... I have lived a good 51 years now... this morgellons thing is really too much on top of the Lyme.... mostly its just the sad realization that we as the human race are destroying ourselves with biowarfare and genetic engineeering technology. When I saw the partial fly wing growing in the person's skin in the video I just felt so much despair. I'm sure God feels sad about it, too.

God bless you and I hope you do OK...

PS.. I mixed one third vaseline with 2/3 borax into a paste--- and I am applying this to the skin. I was told the lesions all went away within two weeks by using this topical twice a day.
sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Hi CV Reply with quote

I hope you are ok CV...

Sherry
Charolette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Are there any Morgellons sufferers in this forum? Reply with quote

clayvessel wrote:
I mixed one third vaseline with 2/3 borax into a paste--- and I am applying this to the skin. I was told the lesions all went away within two weeks by using this topical twice a day.

Clay,

I was sorry to read your recent posting that you may now also be battling Morgellons on top of Lyme. Sad

The paste that you are trying sounds interesting and I hope (and pray) that there is quick (and permanent) relief with this. If there is, I'm sure others to the Morgellon's board will thank you for posting about it.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing...
/ Charolette Smile
JoRaeMi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow -
This is the first time I have heard of this disease. It is indeed fascinating and horrifying all rolled into one.

It continues to amaze me how the medical community, when approached with something unknown, instead of becoming insanely interested tells the patients they are making it up.

I can't believe there isn't some Infectious Disease Geek somewhere on this planet that wnats all of your little fibers in labelled jars on rows and rows of glass shelves so he can check them out - where IS this guy? You know he has to be somewhere.

I guess my first thought was - what if those little fiber things are like an outer skin - like when a snake molts? So - whatever little parasite/organism is in there sheds it's skin it's like "foreign matter" so the body shoves it out throug the skin.

I don't have ttime now, but I'm definitely going to see if I can find some pics of this disease on the internet. It's just fascinating - and frustrating that doctors think this mass of humans have nothing better to do than to pick up unidentified never - been -seen-before lint and put it in a jar to bring to their office.

THe other thing I thought of - when you said something about your feet - was that Dr. Oz said soaking your feet in tea helps to dry them out - something about the tannic acid - I wonder if that would help this or make it itch worse or do nothing at all?

Hope everyone is feeling OK today.

Jo
patg

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you have Morgellons'. From what I've learned it's a horrible disease, and I've since wondered if my aunt had this. She had been a strong healthy woman, then fibres started coming out of her skin and sores would erupt.
Diagnosis from the doctor--fibreglass coming out of her skin from the factory in Guelph she worked in.
logger1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Morgellons Reply with quote

I was bite on the finger while pike fishing in the 1990 .it took years to get it to go away ..I did have two growths coming out of the wound ,kept my mouth shut as i didnt want anyone to think i was crazy .so for years i thought it was a couple of teeth broke off inside ..as i said it was around 10-12 years for it to all clear up ...towards the end it would go away and come back years later ...Nowadays i struggle with lyme infection ,I was bitten in sept /08 ..seen my family GP 3 weeks later ,complaining of aching muscles, joints and fatigue ...so bad i couldnt go to work (had to lay off all the workers ) ..I didnt know where it had came from. .during consveration with my doctor told him about getting a bee sting that had rings around it .. he diagonsed tick bite maybe lyme ..He did the usual blood work , and we waited 21 days for the results to come back ..came back negative ,,,by this time I am in bed sleeping 12-16 hours a day .and in pain , I have never had before ... since the test came back negative he figured it was a cold and would pass (no treatment)..a month passes I am getting worse, start Phoning his office ,reguraly asking be to treated for lyme. He and everyone around me thinks its a cold /flu or ( crazy)..finally I talk my docs nurse into looking up lyme disease , over the Christmas holidays on the computer, she calls back a day after New Years concerned about my health .asked if I had found of a doctor that would treat lyme , if thats what I have ..earlier during this time frame, I had got hold of a doctors name from Toronto Dr ,B.... ,My family doctors kind nurse ,still took her 6 weeks to have my family doctor sign the referal for me .I got a appointment for April 10 /08..DR .B didnt want to send any blood work to the states or anything like that ..he heard my story and ,looked me over ..replied we are going to treat this one aggresively 6000 mgs amoxi daily .and it might get a little rough at times WOW rough is not the word for it .his first blood work taken came back negative for lyme but positive with bartonella ,,,He told me lyme might not show up till after we start to kill the bug/bacteria that our canadian testing might be able to give me a positive result..it has been the toughest sickness I have ever had to go through ..had my first herx was around 30 days after starting treatment, lasted around 10 15 days ..now it is a couple not to hard of days then right back to herxing I go to see DR B in Toronto on Thursday June 08/08..dont know what will happen next.
I know work is out of the question at this point in time for me ..hopefully I will beat the terrible disease and life can go on simliar to pre bite ..I believe I have had this for 10 -15 years ....(Pike bite timeframe ).......I thank everyone that posts on this site the information has been a tremendous help for me during this treatment good luck to everyone ..Robert (Parry_sound ) ontario Canada
patg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi logger, sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. As one newbie to another, welcome.
twinkle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Morgellen's Posters Plz Update Us Reply with quote

Reading back through some threads...v. concerned about where Mogellon's folks find themselves lately.
Would any of you care to post? I know the news could be a "downer" but this is not important. What is important is support. So please, let " us" know how you are....twinkle
twinkle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Morgellen's Posters Plz Update Us Reply with quote

Reading back through some threads...v. concerned about where Morgellon's folks find themselves lately.
Would any of you care to post? I know the news could be a "downer" but this is not important. What is important is support. So please, let " us" know how you are....twinkle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Morgellons Disease All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: